Schedule a Tour
Tours are scheduled by appointment only. To schedule your visit, please contact:
PricingTours are $8 per person. Ask about special pricing for groups of 10 or more people. We accept cash, check, or money order (no credit cards).
About the TourThe tour is about one and half hours long and offers its visitors not only a look at an interesting pioneer home, but also gives an opportunity to see how Indiana changed from a wild frontier to a modern State during the 19th century.
Learn about the transition of Central Indiana from a wilderness to a State capital as seen by home owners:
- Hervey Bates: First Sheriff and Early Banker
- Thomas A. Hendricks: Governor and Vice President of United States
- James O. Woodruff: Early Water Works Builder
- John Coburn: Civil War General & U.S. Congressman
The tour also includes Indiana's early history:
- Learn what happened to Indiana's Native Americans and why its capital is named "Indianapolis"
- Learn about Indiana's pioneer "Treasury Road" and why it is not in any of Indiana's history books
- Learn about Indiana's early transportation systems: flatboats, steamboats, wagon roads, stagecoach roads, canals, railroads, and interurbans